Monday, April 28, 2014

A Week at a Glance...

Already into the "next week" but thought I'd catch up with last week's happenings.

Erin, Chris and Baby C went north to spend the holiday with friends in Moscow. Saturday was our DIL Karissa's birthday and her confirmation into the Catholic church.  The weather was a picture perfect Spring day.
Baby C liked the Easter Bunny better than Santa
Easter was a quiet day.  We attended mass and shared breakfast with Matt, Brit and Mr. T.  I'm not embarrassed to say we spent the rest of the day in comfy clothes, watching movies and napping. Yes, we caved...
Just relaxing.
My favorite part of Mass today was after communion.  The music started playing "How Great Thou Art" and I felt a rush of tears.  I cannot explain why but this was one of my Gram's favorite hymns and I felt her unconditional love hold me close.

We finally have the office done - check that box.  We found a nice rug for the boys to play on and Papa very smartly thought ahead - low pile rug making it easier to locate the Lego's played with in the office.  He's a genius I tell you!

We've gone through files and documents, shredding like a shady government official.  It feels so good to have things in order and clutter cleared.

The living room and dining room walls are now painted the two tones of gray.  The white trim just seems to 'pop' off the wall.  I'll be looking around for some white curtains to complete the look.  Everything looks so clean and fresh.

I started painting into the kitchen but didn't get far.  Sometimes my achy bones just need a break from the stretching and bending. I honestly believe I look forward to going to work to get away from all of the physical projects we have going at home.

Mike and I have an ongoing project outside.  He started moving the pavers surrounding the new fire pit.  It's like having a 500 piece puzzle sitting on the table.  You walk by and see a piece you've been staring at forever and it fits perfect.  Mike made major headway earlier last week but ended up with blisters on his knees from his knee pads and had to let them heal.  Gradually the patio is being put into place.  Soon we will have to go get another load or two to complete the patio area.
New Fire pit buried in ground and early stages of moving pavers
When I returned to work I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from our boss for Admin Assistant's Day.  It's so nice to be appreciated for the contributions you make every day.  My coworkers are so much fun to be around.  I was referred to as "secretary to the people" because I don't limit the things I do to management but enjoy helping my coworkers as well.  I'm so thankful to have a job I enjoy while feeling like I'm making a difference.

Our dear friend Randy celebrated her birthday this past week as well.  Happy Birthday!  Tomorrow we are driving to McCall for lunch.  She's never been up to Valley County.  The weather looks like it will cooperate and we plan to stop whenever we want to take pictures.
33 years of friendship - 1981-2014

Our weather lately has been alternating between sunny spring-like days and April showers.  We've seen it all.  I went out on a limb and planted tomatoes already - but do not hesitate to cover them on some of these cooler nights.


I'm motivated to walk regularly and am excited to do T-25 every day.  I seriously watch the 25:00 minute clock count down and am often amazed to see how fast it goes.  Between T-25 and my 2 mile route with Ruger, I am easily meeting my 10,000 step goal nearly every day.   Even at work - it's incredible how much walking I do in a day!   I hope the regular activity will help build my energy.  I have to keep on schedule.  Erin and I have multiple bookings for Natural Touch Photography in July, July and August.  How exciting!




Tonight my mind is with family and friends back in the Midwest and South.  The spring storms are frightening and leaving so much devastation in its path.  You are all in my prayers.  Be safe.

No comments: