Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Blessings

There are days when you stop and count your blessings.  Easter is definitely one for reflection.  Mass this morning was uplifting.  Hearing "How Great Thou Art" brought me back to my childhood Methodist Church, listening to my Gram playing the hymn on the old upright piano in the church basement.  I felt her unconditional love.  I felt so blessed.

We are indeed blessed to have three healthy children, each who has met their soul mate and starting their lives together.  We are fortunate to have them living near, and able to interact with in-laws and share grandchildren.

Mike and I have nearly 32 years together.  It's good to stop and reflect on your strengths, the positive things that have brought you to where you are today, and even the trials you have survived together. Its all part of the puzzle that makes you who you are at this point in time.

I realize we don't have control of what other's think of you.  I try to be the best person I can be.  When I someone has the wrong perspective of me I like to find the source of the misconception. It's human nature to defend yourself against a wrong. Sometimes it just escalates and nothing you do goes the way you hope.

After weeks of struggling to understand, replaying events in the past, you finally just throw your hands up and say "God I've done all I can do!".  It doesn't make your heart any less heavy because there is a missing piece but you can't force someone to listen when they aren't willing.

You do what you can do.  Move forward.  Be the best you can be without changing the person you are. You drop to your knees and pray.  You reflect on your blessings and know the answers will come.

May your blessings be plentiful and your prayers bring answers.  Happy Easter.


No comments: