Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Prayerful, Productive, Personal and Positive

In January our newest DIL wrote here in her blog regarding 4 P's.  Something prayerful, something productive, something personal and something positive. 

- Something prayerful.  It's pretty self explanatory.
- Something productive. Do something productive every day.
- Something personal. Make time for yourself.
- Something positive. Do something good for someone else.

Our son also added - something physical. (Not bloody likely...)

Her challenge for this season of Lent was to complete each of these tasks every day for 40 days.  I admire her goals.  I think they are wonderful and I aspire to be as good a person.

I've chosen to accomplish at least one P each day.  We have a lot on our plates right now and I'm juggling emotions daily.  It's important to try.  It's important to maintain.  It's important to be strong.  I think fulfilling my Lenten goals will help me focus on the importance of the Season as well as the positive things in my life right now.

Wednesday, February 13th

Prayerful.
Today I went back to work after a couple of very hectic weeks.  I will pray for my family members tonight.  Our daughter gave birth to our second grandson Calder.  He's healthy, happy and so adorable.  Tonight she went into the ER for a possible incision infection.  I'll pray for Calder's continued good health.  I'll pray Erin heals and for her husband Chris to have the strength to hold his new little family together. 


I will also pray for our son Matt, his wife Brit and our favorite five year old grandson.  I pray they know how much we love them and are here for them.

I will pray for our newlyweds as they sort out job opportunities.  I know schedule changes have been trying but know you two are strong and carry one another through the week.

Productive and Postive.
Today we ran a couple of errands after work.  We purchased our son's birthday gift. I'm very excited about the gift as I feel it's something he'll thoroughly enjoy and use in a very artful manner.  I was able to sit down and write the words in a card I've had on my mind for a week.  It's a special Valentine's gift for our other DIL.  I am hoping to encourage her to try a new adventure that has been in her heart. 

I suppose the laundry I washed counts for something too! 

No comments: