Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Did It Myself...

 My shoulder and arm work out continues.  
Monday I finished up the trim and painted the closet and door to our guest room. 
After a extra long week at work I was happy to return to my project.    
I'm very happy with the color.  


After years of  '50 shades of beige' throughout the house 
(actually the guest room was sage green), 
I expanded our wall color to Montpelier Ashlar Gray and am so excited to see how it looks.  
It's exactly what I wanted.  Depending on the time of day and the light through the window, 
it ranges from gray to brown.  The trim and doors are Winter Dawn.


Good thing I like it as I bought enough to paint the guest room, the 'grandsons' room as well as the office.
We are waiting on new 2" white blinds and have some ideas for the window treatment.  

I'm am so not a shopper but decided to check out Marshall's this afternoon - and found a comforter with exactly the look I wanted - as well as throw and pillow.  We already had the down comforter to add for those chilly, winter nights.  


I'm hoping it will be appealing to our next visitors - to make them comfortable.  
Just need to add a few more finishing touches to make any one who stays feel right at home. 

Well I don't know about the next visitor - but Ruger found a comfy enough for a nap!



Paint:  Lowes; Bedding:  Marshalls; Blinds:  Bali

No comments: