Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Password is...

I spent last evening syncing my iPhone - updating the new operating system. Now several of my apps are requesting I log in and update my password - many of which I didn't know had a password.

I have two email accounts because we sometimes run into a log on that doesn't recognize our home email as real, and I have no idea why. I've tried both email accounts. I've tried every possible combination of passwords I've ever used. Why does this have to be so difficult?

I was directed to log in with my email. Tried both. Incorrect password. I tried having the password sent to my email. It doesn't recognize my email account. Directs me to a troubleshooting area - which advises me to log in with my email...

I finally just recreated my app accounts and started over. It shouldn't be so hard.

So - how many passwords do you have? How do you keep track of them? At work I have 7. They do not all require resetting at the same time. Nor do they have the same parameters for creating a password. I try to reset all of them when one becomes due just to make my own life easier. I'm running out of ideas. Avoiding any of the same letters used in the previous seventeen passwords... Perhaps its time to start with random statements - like BLUESKY2011, RA!NYDAY0411, WHOG!VES@HOO+...

We have passwords for email, banking, shopping, online bill paying, tweeting, blogging, Spacebook; remote access to cars; our garage codes and the list goes on... How to keep them organized is a challenge. My husband keeps a spreadsheet on his computer with log-ons and passwords - and sometimes even has my current ones. I have been successful keeping passwords in generic, nondescript listings in my phone. I am pretty good about keeping them up to date.

Just need to remember the password to open my phone...

No comments: