Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Venting...

I will never understand when family wants to be a part of your life but a social networking site is the only means of communication... and when that same site is the only means for sending birthday greetings to your parent it is just SAD!

You can't have it both ways. You shouldn't call when you need a shoulder, or advice and then let an impersonal public forum be the best you can manage on a birthday or Father's day or health inquiry.

I wish there was an opportunity to sit down as a group and talk. Perhaps it would clarify the statements made regarding the years we didn't travel to see you because of scheduling and expense but instead helped you to visit us every year. Maybe someone would explain the statement made letting me know I'm not really family and should butt out. It's been 28 years. If you haven't figured it out by now I'm here for the duration.

We've tried to be a family, and include everyone. You still don't get it do you.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I'm sorry! If it helps any...my in laws sat all of their children down to 'discuss' their will. All of us were required to be there, by that meaning their three children AND their spouses. They proceeded to tell the spouses that if something were to happen to one of their children everything would skip their wife or husband and go straight to our children. I was fine with that, it is after all, their money. I wasn't, however, fine with their reasoning. Drum roll....."Maybe after you have been married longer we would consider changing the verbage." At the time I had been married to my hubby for 28 years. Some people should just stop talking.