Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mike!

What a year it's been - we are stronger for it. At least that's what we tell ourselves. Look at all we've endured and know that one of these days it will be 'our turn'.

Thank you for accepting me - even when I'm moody or cranky.

Thank you for encouraging me to be creative and expand on my desire to write and take photos. Maybe someday I will be supporting us doing something I love.

Thank you for knowing how much I want to travel and being willing to let me dream!

Thank you for always being my kite when I'm the tail. Thank you for being the tail when I'm the kite. This balance keeps us on an even keel.

Thank you for all those years you knew at the end of my day I needed to wash the dishes and have 30 minutes to myself while you bathed our babies.

Thank you for loving me even with an extra 20, or 30 or 50 lbs. And thank you for encouraging me when I finally realized I needed to do something for myself.

Thank you for being the father you are to our children. I think we are a pretty dang good pair of parents. At least we have the 'good cop bad cop' routine down pretty good.

Thank you for laughing with me.

Thank you for crying with me.

Thank you for loving me.

No comments: