Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Doing What You Love.

This weekend I was fortunate to spend the day doing something I truly enjoy, working alongside one of my favorite people.
  
Some time ago our daughter was contacted about taking photos for a wedding.  A friend recommended her to someone.  This couple checked her out on her FB page and liked what her work.  When asked if she had an assistant, without hesitation she responded "yes" and then called Mom - always the ever-able photography assistant...  have camera will travel.

So months pass and suddenly the week after our whirlwind week in Wisconsin and Illinois is here. As soon as my extra long work day was finished Friday we headed north.  Six hours later and a new day (just barely) we arrived to a quiet household, quick shower and into bed. 

Erin and I headed out Saturday for Colfax, WA around 8am.  We scouted out the church property, created a plan to divide and conquer and confirmed our day with the Bride and Groom. 

Not only was it uber special to be spending the day doing something I love, but I was able to do it along side our daughter AND witness two very delightful families merge as one.

I extend my heartfelt gratitude to our daughter for offering me this opportunity.  And to the families, you are all such very special, loving people.  If our world would live by your example we'd all be in a better place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Karissa
kandkshaw.blogspot.com