Monday, July 25, 2011

Where does the Time go?

(Krieg vintage 1997)

Not so very long ago we lived with this young man.
My "mom taxi" took us all over the Menasha/Neenah/Appleton valley for kid's activities.
Piano, Soccer, Swimming, CCD...
I picked up and dropped off.
It was a way of life.

One particular trip Erin and I were riding in the front and
Krieg took up his position of solitude in the 3rd row.
Shania Twain played on the radio.
I peeked in the rear view mirror and noticed someone of opposite gender was singing along with us...

As we reached the chorus Erin recognized the gleam in my eye.
Just as the song reached the desired moment we turned down the radio.
And from the very back seat comes a loud and not so feminine
"Man, I feel like a woman"...

Every time I hear this song it still makes me smile.
If I'm in the car I can look in the rear view mirror and see the face in the back seat!
(even though he now looks like this...)

Coach Krieg (2011)

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I love it! I especially love the part where all you had to do was look at Erin and she knew what you were thinking.

How are the wedding plans coming?