Sunday, September 11, 2011

Always and forever...



I will remember the day. We were living in the apartment. We had been here mere months. Our oldest was away at her first year of college. Our home was being built. It was my nephew's birthday.

I drove the boys to school. On the way home I heard something about a plane into a building. Once home I watched the Today Show. I watched in disbelief as the second plane flew into the WTC. I called Mike. They hadn't heard anything and he was stunned.

I spent the day watching reports on TV. It had to be a dream. I checked on our daughter. I called my parents. I spoke with my sister and brother. I wanted to hear the voices of those I loved. Later we stood on the sidelines while our sons practiced soccer - you see our life continued at it's normal pace - but did it really remain normal? We are all forever changed.


God Bless America.

No comments: